Technical Skills Training
High-Tech Skills Needed for Workplace Success
Eligible in-state businesses and out-of-state companies relocating to Pennsylvania can apply to WEDnetPA to access training funds. The funding, in turn, can be used for a wide range of training — categorized as either Essential Skills Training or Technical Skills Training.
Technical Skills Training provides instruction in a variety of technology and advanced manufacturing subjects, such as Computer Programming, Network Administration and Machine Operations.
Technical Skills skills are defined according to the type and scope of your business. Some of the training elements eligible through the program may include but are not limited to:
- Machine Operations and Maintenance
- Industrial Electricity (except safety)
- Motor Controls
- Manufacturing Technology
- 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping
- CAD, CAM, CNC, PLC
- Electronics (including electronic soldering)
- Advanced Math
- Blueprint and Schematic Reading
- Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing
- Statistical Software
- Software Implementation
- Database Development (including MS Access)
- Information Security
- MS Excel (Advanced, Expert)
- Network Administration
- Software Engineering
- Website Design and Development
- Technical Applications (including Scientific and Medical)
- Electronic Medical Records
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Life Sciences
- Non-destructive Testing (NDT)
- Project Management (MS Project, Agile, Scrum)
- Root Cause Analysis
- Six Sigma (Green, Black and Master Black Belt)
Training can be received offsite, onsite at your business, or online.
To qualify for training, however, your company must meet a set of specific eligibility requirements.